Dinesh Pratap Singh
Universidad de Santiago de Chile
Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Universidad de Santiago de Chile (USACH), Chile (Dec 2010- Present)
Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF), Department of Physics, Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIUC), IL, USA (March 2009- June 2010)
Research Associate, Department of Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi, India (April 2008-Feb 2009)
Senior/Junior Research Fellow (SRF and JRF)), Department. of Physics, BHU, Varanasi, India (Jan 2003-Dec 2007)
• Synthesis and characterization of various nanomaterials by employing the methods of chemical, hydrothermal, thermal oxidation, ball milling, spray pyrolysis, CVD etc.
• Synthesis of Graphene, Graphene derivatives, Carbon nanotubes, Metal oxides and their composites for Dye-sensitized/ Photovoltaic Solar cells and Supercapacitor applications.
• Synthesis of Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs) for Non-linear Optics Applications
• Synthesis and high temperature tribological study of different mixed metal oxide nanostructures (e.g. metal molybdates, metal tungstates and metal vanadates).
• Synthesis of metallic (silver, gold and copper) nanoparticles and to study their bio-interaction for medicinal applications.